the normand fizz - Apple ginger calvados cocktail #recipe
RECIPE: The Normand Fizz | Apple Ginger Calvados Cocktail
- 4 thin tart apple slices
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 oz/ 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 oz/ 2 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (see associated recipe)
- 2 oz/ 1⁄4 cup good-quality Calvados
- Ice cubes
- Soda water to top up
- Lemon peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 2 of the apple slices, the maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add the ginger simple syrup, Calvados and a few ice cubes. Cover, shake and strain into ice filled glasses.
Top up with soda water and garnish with the remaining apple slices and twists of lemon peel.
- Both Calvados is an apple brandy similar to Applejack — Applejack is American and Calvados is French. French Calvados is generally considered superior but they’re close enough so you can substitute one for the other in this recipe if you can’t find Calvados.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2